Many people place great importance on taking care of their bodies. Working out and playing sports are popular activities for keeping bodies at their best, but can bring unwanted pain and injuries with them. Fortunately, there is an increasingly popular way to quickly and easily recover from workouts or injuries and generally maximize your body’s wellness.
Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are associated with cannabis in the public mind and often have stigmas attached to them. However, public opinion is changing as more and more uses are found for these substances. Athletes in particular have found that CBD and THC can aid their performance and recovery if they use them properly. Whether you are a high endurance athlete looking to get the most out of his or her body, or just interested in soft, gentle ways to increase wellness, CBD and THC have much to offer you.
What Are CBD and THC?
CBD and THC are two compounds found in the cannabis plant. THC is the psychoactive compound which is responsible for the “high” that cannabis can produce. CBD is not psychoactive, and both compounds have beneficial properties for your body.
Vape Pens are a Great Way to Take Advantage of CBD and THC
Vaping is an efficient way to deliver CBD and THC into your body. When you vape, or inhale the vapor of CBD and THC, the compounds enter your bloodstream directly rather than pass through the gut and liver. This means that almost four times as much of the compounds enter your body.
Furthermore, by vaping you reduce the time needed to experience the beneficial effects. In as little as 30 minutes, your body can experience the maximum effect. Vaping gives you greater and faster effects, making it ideal for your workout and wellness routine.
What Benefits Can They Give Me?
CBD and THC have numerous benefits for your body and your mind. They can aid in recovery from an injury or a difficult workout, and they can help you improve your performance when it counts the most. CBD and THC may help your performance in the following ways:
- Dampen the pain. Pain can be the biggest obstacle to achieving your athletic goals. CBD and THC have been shown to lessen your body’s aches and pains, allowing for better performance.
- Focus. Many athletes note that CBD heightens their awareness of their body and helps them to focus on what they are trying to accomplish.
- Expanded lung capacity. This doesn’t work as a quick fix right before you compete, but studies indicate that use over time actually increases lung capacity, which helps with endurance.
- Reduce anxiety. Many athletes fall short of their goals due to stress and anxiety. CBD and THC help relax you so you can get the most out of your body.
After training or after game day, CBD and THC also have much to offer.
- Reduce muscle inflammation. After working your body hard, your muscles need to repair. Studies have shown that CBD and THC can help reduce inflammation, which accelerates muscle repair and shortens recovery time.
- Brain repair. NFL athletes especially are prone to head injuries. Many are turning to CBD and THC because these two compounds actually aid the brain’s healing. Not only that, but studies have shown that prior use of CBD and THC may help to prevent some brain injuries in the first place.
- Pain management. Whether from an injury or just repeated stress on the body, pain can kill your motivation to meet your goals. CBD and THC can be helpful to get you over this hurdle.
- Sleep aid. Adequate sleep is one of the most important parts of a training program. Sometimes pain gets in the way, sometimes stress does. CBD and THC can aid in the quality of your sleep.
- Immune system. An illness can put you off your training routine, but recent studies suggest that CBD acts to strengthen your immune system and keep you healthy.
- Stimulate appetite. Athletes burn through calories, and recovering from injuries requires lots of protein. THC stimulates your appetite to help you ingest all the nutrients you need to maintain your form as well as heal from injuries.
- Promote bone growth. CBD studies also suggest it helps to strengthen your bones, to prevent breaks. It also may speed up the healing process when you do break a bone.
Who Should Take Advantage of CBD and THC?
Anyone who puts any sort of demand on their bodies may benefit from CBD and/or THC being added to their wellness routine. If you practice yoga, they can help you relax and concentrate. If you run marathons, they can help stimulate your appetite and help relieve the aches in your joints after a long run. Football and hockey players, as well as soccer stars, can help protect their brains with CBD and THC’s amazing properties. There is something in it for everyone.
Check the Laws in Your State
Medical and/or recreational cannabis legal is legal in many states, but not all. This issue is especially tricky for people who purchase CBD or THC in one state for use in another. Make sure to learn the laws in your state beforehand and in any state in which you plan to vape with CBD and THC.
Wondering where you may find luxury vape pen batteries to add cannabinoids to your routine? Take a look at these: