Director of Sales
Vessel is one of the leading companies in our new emerging industry. We're proud of the team we've assembled - people are our priority and our culture reflects this. We are hiring a performance-driven Director of Sales professional to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Vessel is a great place to grow your career.
We are looking for someone with a proven commitment to process, constant learning, and the ability to think creatively, roll-up the sleeves and tenacity to get things done. Sales is no longer just “sales” – in fact, quite the opposite. The best fit tends to be the best storyteller. Understand the needs of a market retailer, be technically sound, and passionate about how they can deliver more value and better customer experiences – build the relationship and have the tact and timing to deliver when it counts.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading national sales efforts which begins with thoughtful and detailed strategic planning and an integrated lock-step collaboration with our Product, Marketing and Operational heads to expand our retail and distribution opportunities.
This role will include the building and maintenance of industry relationships, business development in our B2B efforts (OEM/ODM design), hiring and training of new reps and sales team members, management of sales activities, promotions and communications, and collect market research that will lead to the launch of new / innovative products in our Vessel line and working cross-functionally with the broader team. We’re small but mighty – and “speed of execution” is how we thrive.
Essential Functions (included, but not limited to)
- Develop and articulate a strategic business plan for the assigned territory and manage all sales performance
- Set sales KPIs and Metrics/Quotas and train/coach team members on that strategy
- Conduct regularly scheduled reviews with the sales team to discuss account reports, new opportunities, customer issues, competition, industry updates, new product information
- Partner with product and operations on forecast, procurement and management of domestic/FOB programs
- Create Go-To Market plan for product launches (1-2 per quarter)
- Establish budget, selling prices and approve deviations
- Develop leads into opportunities by nurturing relationships, understanding client problems, involving the correct decision makers, and helping clients understand the Vessel brand offering
- Manage commission reporting for the team
- Leverage relationships to introduce our design studio (OEM/ODM projects for cartridges, batteries, accessories and packaging)
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of sales experience + 3 years of experience at a management level
- History of setting and driving strategic sales initiatives
- Experience managing a successful high-performing sales team in a large market
- Experience with distributor management preferred
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred
- CPG sales experience preferred
- Ability for local travel, 20%
- Current and valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Subject to background check
- Team player- ability to work seamlessly with multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to adapt and prosper in an ever changing / competitive atmosphere
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills- able to create and discuss reports
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for delivering value to the customer
Vessel is an Equal Opportunity Employer