The successful Creative Director leads and guides the creative process and related creative projects, including integrated cross-channel initiatives, design, marketing campaigns, eCommerce, online advertising, digital marketing, retail, wholesale and trade-show environments. S/he is accountable for ensuring the creative work is high quality and aligned with the Vessel brand and target customer. The position drives successful projects with conceptual power and exceptional design skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Leads and manages the creative process as it relates to brand marketing from concept to completion.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional multidisciplinary project teams.
- Think eCommerce, Merchandising/Design, and Sales in order to ensure projects are effective, on time, and that creative is consistent across the channels.
- Lead the conceptual and strategic direction for location photo and video shoots.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Oversee deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Meet with senior leadership to present and communicate campaign strategies and solutions.
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams.
- Curate and manage Vessel’s ambassador program.
- Ensure consistency with and appropriateness of all brand imagery through the lenses of our different channels and geography.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Lead and direct a creative team in the design and production of all marketing collateral.
- Prepare annual goals and budget for creative; oversees budget.
- Keeps teams informed.
- Coaches for development of brand understanding and creative execution.
- Hires and develops staff members.
- Prepares and conducts performance assessments and pay reviews.
- Ensure effective processes and procedures with clear roles and responsibilities within and across the team.
- Oversee all project creative calendars and works with Trafficking to ensure all projects are on time and meet respective project requirements.
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software and applications.
- User Interface Design - general understanding user analysis, information architecture, usability evaluation and testing, graphical interface design.
- Best practice knowledge for creating and optimizing web graphics.
- Strong understanding of post-production printing processes, and press checks.
- Strong understanding of large format printing for retail and trade-show environments.